Click this link for the 2011 updated and expanded Spring Calendar - A New York Spring Calendar.
• Citywide Blooming Calendar from New York City Department of Parks & Recreation
• Heritage Crabapple Trees. New York City Department of Parks & Recreation
• Sakura Matsuri May 2-3, 2009. 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Rain or Shine. Celebration of Japanese culture and the blossoming of the Brooklyn Botanic Garden's 220 cherry trees. Also, see the garden's Cherry Blossom Status Map
• Website of The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx River Parkway at Fordham Road Bronx,
• Walking Off the Big Apple's favorite spring walk: Wandering in the Ramble, Central Park. The closest thing in New York to the back nine at Augusta. A favorite for birdwatching.
• 2009 NYC Grows Garden Festival Sunday, April 26, 2009. 11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. Union Square Park. The New York City Department of Parks & Recreation's annual NYC GROWS Garden Festival, where members of the public can come take part in activities and demonstrations that promote gardening.
• Million TreesNYC. A citywide, public-private program to plant and care for one million new trees across the City's five boroughs over the next decade.
• Honoring a Revolutionary-era white oak in Prospect Park that gave its life for its country.
• Tree: A Bistro and Garden in the East Village
• Planting Trees for Green Apple Day in Pelham Bay Park
• The book, New York Trees: A Field Guide to the Metropolitan Area, by Edward S. Barnard. Review on About.com
• The Oldest Living Thing in New York: Queens Giant, an old Tulip Poplar
Images by Walking Off the Big Apple of trees in Union Square Park from April 23, 2009 and of blossoming trees in Central Park and the area near 59th and Fifth from Saturday, April 18, 2009. Clicking on each image for viewing in a larger window.
Take Walking Off the Big Apple for a Walk
Walking Off the Big Apple is fully mobilized for on-the-go adventures. Just search for "Walking Off the Big Apple" on your phone's browser, and find the simplified mobile version of the posts and pages. The maps are embedded for easy navigation.