I'm a little preoccupied with tax preparations today. For some reason, I thought April 15 was next weekend, not Wednesday.
• I NEED TO STAY HOME AND DO TAXES BUT OTHERS CAN GO TO THIS. Monday, April 13. An Evening with Jeff Koons, Strand Bookstore, 828 Broadway (at 12th St.). 7 p.m. Free
• THEY PROBABLY HAVE HELP WITH THEIRS. Monday, April 13. Isabel Allende and Can Xue. 92nd Street Y, 1395 Lexington Ave (at 92nd St) 8 p.m. $19.
• SHE HAS PAID LOTS OF TAXES OVER HER LIFETIME, I WOULD GUESS. Tuesday, April 14. Sing Into Spring Festival: Marian McPartland. 7:30pm, 9:30 p.m. Dizzy's Club Coca-Cola (at Frederick P. Rose Hall) Broadway at 60th St. Tickets: $30–$35 and $10 minimum at tables, $5 minimum at bar.
• MAYBE THEY KEEP BETTER RECEIPTS THAN ME. Tenor Nights with Joel Frahm. Ongoing Tuesdays 9pm–11:30pm The Bar Next Door (downstairs at La Lanterna di Vittorio), 129 MacDougal St. Tickets: $5 plus one-drink minimum
• I WOULD GO BUT I'LL BE DOING TAXES AND IT'S UPTOWN. Tuesday, April 14. 110th on 110th Program in celebration of Duke Ellington's 110th birthday. Central Park North. Harlem Meer Social Hour: Meet the Jazz Museum in Harlem Allstars (at the Charles A. Dana Discovery Center, inside the Park at 110th Street between Fifth and Lenox Avenues). 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm. Free. Website at Central Park Conservancy.
• I SHOULD HAVE STARTED MY TAXES EARLIER. Wednesday, April 15. Tax forms due.
• LIKE IN THE MIDDLE AGES. Wednesday, April 15. Chanticleer. Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 Fifth Ave. in the Temple of Dendur 8 p.m. Tickets: $70
• RIGHTEOUS SISTERS WHO PROBABLY HAD SOMEONE DO THEIR TAXES FOR THEM AND MAILED THEM EARLY. Wednesday, April 15. Indigo Girls and Lucy Wainwright Roche. Highline Ballroom, 431 W 16th St. 8 p.m. $45.
• MAYBE HE DOES THEM HIMSELF HE IS SO TALENTED. Thursday, April 16. "Nearly Ninety." Merce Cunningham Dance Company. BAM Howard Gilman Opera House, 30 Lafayette Ave. Also Fri–Sat 7:30pm , Apr 19 3pm. Cunningham's 90th birthday in Thursday. Tickets: $25–$75
• THEY MAY HAVE FOUND EXEMPTIONS I DON'T KNOW ABOUT. Friday, April 17. Masters of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar & Hula: Keola & Moana Beamer. Symphony Space. 8 pm • Peter Jay Sharp Theatre. $28; Members $24; Students $18
• TAX COLLECTION WAS DIFFERENT FOR HIM. Saturday, April 18. Opening of exhibition Georg Ehret: The Greatest Botanical Artist of the 1700s. The New York Botanical Garden, 200th St. & Kazimiroff Boulevard, Bronx. Through July 19. See their pretty website on spring events here.
• TICKET PRICES ARE OK FOR THIS, EVEN IF I HAVE TO WRITE A CHECK TO THE IRS. Sunday, April 19. Peter Serkin, piano. 2 pm. Town Hall, 123 West 43rd Street. $10, $12, and $18 for reserved seating.
Image: MacDougal Street, after a rain, April 11, 2009.