I'm skipping out early today to catch up on some items on the following To-Do list:
1. Visit interesting art galleries downtown, and their current exhibitions (See ArtCal for full listings):
• apexart, 291 Church Street: Land Grab (through 12/22)
• Art in General, 79 Walker Street: Judi Werthein, Corporate Logo (through 12/15)
• KS Art, 73 Leonard Street: Ashtray (through 12/01)
• Lower Manhattan Cultural Council: Redhead Gallery, 125 Maiden Lane, 2nd Floor: The Shape of Things to Come (through 12/14)
• Pace University's Peter Fingesten Gallery, 1 Pace Plaza, B Level: This is That (through 12/03)
2. Write up the exciting details of My Walk Last Sunday Through the Flatiron/Gramercy neighborhood with 16 Canadian Women Who Love to Read Walking Off the Big Apple and Wanted to Meet Me in Real Life.
3. Explain why the New York, New York song by Kander & Ebb depresses me.
4. Maybe get a job, persuading prospective employers that I would not be a LIVE WIRE within their organization.
5. Set up the WOTBA holiday shop of attractive and affordable WOTBA merchandise so I can procrastinate on agenda item #4. I would like this store to be in place on the website near the time that fill-in-the-blank-of-what-you-call-him-in-your-country makes his appearance at the end of the Thanksgiving Day Parade.
6. Continue with further visits to Wall Street and make more drawings.
I'll be back tomorrow. In the meantime, I have placed at the bottom of the website the trailer for Todd Haynes's new film, I'm Not There. My Thanksgiving Day plans are in flux, but I want to include some Dylan.
Image: Photo of Canis lupus (wolf) diorama at the American Museum of Natural History.